Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nails: Maroon & Gold Flakes

Saw a quick tutorial on how to do this on Instagram, so I decided to give it a try!

Materials used: Essie 'All in one base' base coat, Color Club (name of color unknown), Essie 'Good to go' top coat & gold flakes/ gold leaf (got a 3 g bag from Michaels).


Did the usual. Base coat, colour, then top coat. While the top coat was still wet, I added a few gold flakes and then sealed it in with one more layer of top coat.


I am in loveeee with this Color Club nail polish. It's the perfect vampy, bloody maroon colour and its gel-like consistency made the application so smooth and easy. This nail polish came in a pack of 7 for $14.99! Major steal, and actually the first time I've seen Color Club in Vancouver. I've had the colour on for about a day now and no chips yet. The Essie top coast I use usually turns the crappiest and cheapest nail polishes into super long lasting superstars, so we'll see how it holds up into the week.

Chow chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment